Monday, January 17, 2011

Creating my own MBA Program

Hello and thanks for taking a moment to visiting this blog. College is expensive and Education should be free.

My Goal: Creating a 12 month MBA program supported solely by writing critically about case studies found in Inc.Fast Company, and personal experiences. I want to be graded by YOU, the readers of this blog.

Hi, I'm Ron Akins and I am creating my own MBA. Why would I be doing this? The difference between a MBA program and life's teachable moments as an entrepreneur are a Paper to summarize it, aTeacher to grade that Paper, and about 5-10 light years ahead of the textbook case study. I ran a textbook rental company for years before coming to this conclusion. I also got a BBA and got about 3 classes left to obtaining a degree in CIS.

The CIS degree and the entrepreneurial background in textbooks has given me the notion that an MBA is merely graded paperwork with a professor that helps you hyper-analyze a 10 year old case study. Sure, sure, I saw the CNBC special on Harvard. I see they do it right. Who says that I can't aspire for that without the tens of thousands of dollars a semester. As a matter of fact, I am going to aspire for that type of education.

To date, I have been a part of over six business ventures. From convenience stores to e-commerce rental systems, I have a lot of experience with business. I'm a Serial Entrepreneur.

So today, January 17th, 2011, I'm creating my own MBA Program with a concentration in Entrepreneurship. For the next year, I will be producing papers on various case studies that I read or take part in. In order to guarantee that I am exposed to my concentration, I am going to write exclusively from articles that I read in Fast Company and Inc. These magazines will serve as a jumping off point for case studies that relate to my concentration.

I need TEACHERS. I believe that the best teachers are a group of independent bodies with no bias. I want YOU! I want you to grade my papers and give me feedback. Join this blog and grade my papers. I call this "CrowdGrading". I will turn in my papers every Sunday. More than that, I want to be the top of my class. I will also be posting conclusions, thoughts, tweets, and replies throughout the week.

My Goal: Creating a 12 month MBA program supported solely by writing critically about case studies found in Inc., Fast Company, and personal experiences. I want to be graded by YOU, the readers of this blog.

2 comments:

  1. I love this concept! Your mind never quits with the innovation! You are light years ahead of yourself! I look forward to reading/grading your papers! You're already at the top of the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking this opportunity to discuss this, I feel fervently about this and I like learning about this subject. mba college in punjab

    ReplyDelete